Through conducting my own primary research about male confidence, I feel as though it may be able to help me to understand the subject more as well as providing me with more specific findings than I may find on the internet.
I compiled nine questions on an online survey aimed at males, asking questions first to find out their demographic, and then to the more personal ones at the end.
The questions I included were:
- How old are you?
- Please state your sexual orientation
- How many male beauty products do you use per day? (Including body sprays, aftershave, skincare products etc..)
- If you had one wish, what would it be?
- Do you feel like your physical appearance is affected by the media?
- In terms of physical appearance, are you influenced by others?
- Are there any physical traits that you feel insecure about?
- Are there any personality traits that you feel insecure about?
- Do you feel comfortable with exposing your insecurities to the world?
As this survey is aimed at all ages of males, I am hoping it will help me get an idea of the insecurities that men mainly have e.g. physical or personality wise.
The question ‘If you had one wish, what would it be?’ is an interesting one and one which I look forward to seeing the answers to. I would imagine that there will be a mixture of respondents, from those that wish for materialistic things and then those who wish for appearance and personality adjustment.
I will promote this survey on as many different pages as I can from my own social media to different forums aimed at men that I will find a long the way to gain a fair amount of results.